According to the latest report by The Wrestling Observer Newsletter, former WWE Heavyweight Champion Dave Bautista popularly known as Batista is considering another return to the WWE, and this time, it’s for a longer spell.
Throwback Batista facts.
Batista first appeared on WWE TV during a promo with one-half of The Dudley Boyz D’Von Dudley in the early 2000’s as a notorious religious figure.
‘The Animal’ as he is nicknamed, became a huge name on WWE TV making headlines in his prime as a Babyface and Heel character before exiting for greener pastures in the Hollywood filmmaking industry.
Before his exit, Batista’s spell with the company lasted between 2002 down to 2010 where he mostly feuded with The Undertaker and as a member of Evolution winning 4 Heavyweight Championships.
In 2013, Batista returned to WWE in a promo segment with current Smackdown Live General Manager Daniel Bryan, where his new feud-line resurrected “Evolution”.
And with him alongside Triple H and Randy Orton, the faction squared off in multiple storylines against The Shield, down towards Daniel Bryan at WrestleMania 30.
In 2014, Batista emerged as the last Royal Rumble contestant, evicting Roman Reigns and winning The Royal Rumble for the second time in his career.
Later that year, ‘The Animal’ exited the company due to creative differences.
Batista considering another WWE return.
According to Dave Meltzer of The Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Batista is seriously considering another WWE return. And this time, it’s going to be for a longer spell.
It is being estimated that the former World Heavyweight Champion will sign a deal that will probably last for a year or 6 months in minimum.
According to Meltzer, if Batista returns, it will be on a more regular schedule, unlike the part-time schedule.
Facts about Batista’s return are still unofficial. However, if he finally decides to return to the WWE, it’s likely we’ll see him in a buildup feud with Triple H; because in his last interview after he exited the company in 2014, Batista specifically stated that he would return to the WWE only if a feud with Triple H was in place.
Batista still remains one of the biggest and best WWE Superstars of all time (one of my favourites to be precise).
After making a name for himself in Hollywood, his return to the WWE would make a great impact in the current WWE storyline with the likes of Brock Lesnar, Roman Reigns and a few others.
- Goldberg Discusses WWE Return And Potential 2018 Hall of Fame Candidate.
- John Cena Talks Why WWE Went From The Attitude Era To PG.
- Superstars of The RAW Women’s Division Emotionally React To The Women’s Royal Rumble Announcement
- Breaking News: Former WWE Champion Sustains a Brutal Injury on RAW.
- Charlotte Flair Hails AJ Styles, Saying She Wants To Be Like The Phenomenal One.
- Bray Wyatt and The “Woken” Matt Hardy To Battle On WWE 205 Live Tour In January.
- The Rehabilitating Drew McIntyre Trains With Former WWE Champion.
- WWE 205 Live Star Noam Dar Discusses His Injury Rehabilitation.
- The Rock Finally Receives His Star On The Hollywood Walk Of Fame, Stephanie McMahon Sends Congratulations Message.
- Former WWE Tough Enough Winner May Just Have 5 Years Left To Live.
- Vince McMahon Did This Amazing Thing Being A Huge Fan Of The “Woken” Gimmick.
- Real Facts Behind Rich Swann’s Arrest And Suspension From The WWE.
- Alexa Bliss And Sasha Banks Make History in Abhu Dhabi.
- WWE Finally Closing Tabs On Ronda Rousey.
- Sting Teases A Final Showdown With The Undertaker.
- Charlotte Flair debuts in her first Movie role in Psych: The Movie.